One of ABG’s goals is to reach out to the community to provide information about, and increase involvement in, urban food growing.
Although ABG is not responsible for the content of external websites, nor will be held responsible for the content of instructional materials donated by gardeners or other members of our community, we would like to share these with you in hope that they can help you be successful in growing food in your own backyard.
Gardening and Pruning Services
Suzanne Carter – Tel. 510-919-3911 – firstname.lastname@example.org
Randall Lee – Tel. 510-864-0841 – email@example.com
Michael Thurman, Jr. (specialty pruning, ecological design, fully insured ISA certified arborist) – Tel. 510-934-9687 – michael@thealamedaaesthetic.
- Alameda County Master Gardeners
- Alameda Food Bank
- Alameda County Community Food Bank
- Alameda County ‘All In’ – the New War on Poverty
- CA Harvesting/Gleaning Programs Directory
- Alameda Backyard Chickens
Find a Gleaning Organization in Your Area
Helpful Information on Growing Food
View a training video on picking fruit safely for the tree and you.
Following is a list of topics with instructional materials on gardening
- Growing Asian Vegetables from Seed – Apr 18
- Make Better Soil – Mar 21
- Starting Your Gardening Year off Right
- Seed Saving
- Introduction to Integrated Pest Management
- Asian Citris Phyllids – Inspect Your Citrus Trees Now!
- Fruit Tree Maintenance Alert
- Spring Fruit Tree Care
- Permaculture Principles
- Your Winter Garden
- Vertical Gardening Techniques for Fruits and Vegetables
- Drought gardening: tips for growing food
- An Apple a Day, for 47 Years
- Selecting and Planting Fruit Trees on the Island of Alameda
- IPM Principles and Practices for Pests of the Fall Garden
- Improving Soil Quality
- Planning and Planting Your Summer Garden
- Waterwise Irrigation
- ‘Wattles’ – Thinking Outside the Box
- Planning Your Spring Garden, Including Companion Planting